Sunday, January 23, 2005

The end of lates fees, huh?

News flash: Blockbuster is full of shit!




Some news flash, right? I rented a movie at Blockbuster video about a week ago. Since then they've started the whole "End of Late Fees" campaign. You can probably see where this is going, but wait.



I know how places like Blockbuster work, so I took the tape(the DVD was gone) back on time because I knew there was gonna be a catch. When I got up to the door at Blockbuster, they had a letter taped to the door that said "IMPORTANT PLEASE READ". Apparently, late fees are not going anywhere in my neighborhood. It explained how the individual stores were owned by franchisees, and that this owner wasn't having any of this new communist system! So, now I have the pleasure of renting at the "McDonald's of film distribution" AND watching some lame-ass commercial every five minutes saying "Iiiittt's Oooovvveer!!!" and it's NOT over.



The letter went on to say that they would "watch how the trend goes" and may bring the new policy to the location in the future. In other words, they're saying,"while brain dead fuck-tards of all shapes and sizes get to keep their movies a day or two longer, you won't because this is most likely only going to last a short while and we wouldn't want to do something you might benefit from". I realize it's not going to be a great success for Blockbuster. But I wanted to do my part to help it fail! Don't you think I could keep a copy of Harold and Kumar for six weeks, and then come into the store and make a scene in front of people about the sale to my account?!



So, like several other bloggers have said, "FUCK YOU BLOCKBUSTER!".



And I still want my free rental this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment