Friday, January 14, 2005

The Bronze Broads


I was watching the Lifetime channel this morning and I caught some Golden Girls reruns. I enjoyed the simplistic formula, but entertaining episodes. Then I realized,"HEY!!! THEY'RE ALL STILL ALIVE?!?!?!"



My money is on Bea Arthur (Dorothy), as the first one to croak. I could see her in the supermarket squeezing an eggplant, having a stroke, and crashing through a jell-o pudding display.



Estelle Getty (Sophia) was my favorite. She hasn't done much since the show besides the movie, "Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot".



Betty White (Rose) has probably been the most successful by playing a bunch of cursing old lady roles (Hard Rain, Lake Placid, etc.).



And Rhue Maclanahan (Blanche) is still the only one I would have sex with. I'm sure most guys wouldn't even consider having sex with any of them, but then again, What would you do if you had to? You don't know. But I do, because I've taken the time to think about it, and have prepared myself for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment