Monday, January 24, 2005

Marc Summers: can he be any cooler?

Marc Summers is the man






I was watching The Food Network earlier today, and got sucked into an episode of Unwrapped with Marc Summers. I like Marc. He's been cool to me ever since I was kid, and he was the host of the Nickelodeon game show Double Dare. Watching kids and parents do the messiest, and most ridiculous stunts for something like $500, was excellent children's television. His rare appearances on Wild n Crazy Kids were also good television. Then there was What Would You Do? where Marc would get kids and parents to do stupider stunts for lamer prizes(the pie coaster was cool).






Alas, What Would You Do? was the end of the Marc Summers/Nickelodeon era. Marc wasn't around for a while after that. I remember in the between time I saw him on Oprah talking about his battle with extreme Obsessive Compulsive disorder(he said he would actually get up at three in the morning and comb the fringe on the rug with a comb to make it perfect). Kind of sad time, not having Marc around.



But then Marc Summers returned with Unwrapped. I like how they show the history of soda, and doughnuts, and all kinds of junk food. And you couldn't find a more caucasian gentleman with just the right amount of class and dork. Marc kicks ass! I hope he's on television for a long time to come.



Long live Marc Summers!



2 comments:

  1. I love Marc Summers so much I want to gently tap railroad spikes into his cute lil' eyes.

    Hugs & kisses,
    -Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Marc has security to keep that kind of love from reaching him, Kirk. I think I would just lick the side of his face, that's much more subdued.

    ReplyDelete