Friday, October 22, 2004

The Dukes and The Bandit

I heard on the radio that Burt Reynolds, The Bandit himself, is also in the Dukes of Hazzard movie, with Jessica Simpson, and whoever else they've chosen to make a mockery out of a classic television show. After hearing the rumors of Ashton Kutcher playing one of the Duke boys, I was feeling a little screwed over. But maybe Burt can help make this big screen remake not suck. Jessica Simpson looks amazing, but I don't picture her as Daisy. She's too sweet. Daisy is supposed to be "white trash" sexy. Not a big deal though. If they make the movie an action/comedy like Starsky & Hutch, it better be more action than comedy. That's all I'm sayin'. I don't want to see clown versions of cool characters. But if the Ashton Kutcher rumors are true...it's too damned late.

1 comment:

  1. Au contraire, mon frere! Fear not! Ashton Kutcher is nowhere near this movie (thank God!). Here's the main cast:

    Seann (two n's. precious) William Scott .... Bo Duke
    Johnny Knoxville .... Luke Duke
    Jessica Simpson .... Daisy Duke
    Burt Reynolds .... Boss Hogg
    Willie Nelson .... Uncle Jesse

    All I needed to see was "Johnny Knoxville." I luff him.

    -Kirk :)

    ReplyDelete