Monday, February 7, 2005

The theory

I think I would have been a really good duck(here me out, now!). I mean, do you really think we're all meant to be humans? Maybe we are, but I could really swim well, and have no problem waddling after bread crumbs. Which is why I'm writing this post tonight. I have a subject I want to discuss, and in a way, also beg for your pity on me(by squawking and begging for bread crumbs!).





My subject is actually... a theory. The Theory of Blogativity. The name is deceptivitely complex for something rather simple. In essence, the Theory of Blogativity states "if one blogger knows it, all bloggers will know it, if the information has legs of it's own". Like when I slipped in the shower, breaking my leg. The paramedics were called and later I had to explain why I was in the shower in my mother's dress(It was for Halloween, I swear). It was a difficult time for me, but the rumors about the hamsters were just uncalled for! But, through the Theory of Blogativity, and my no-good cousin, the news spread like a wildfire.



Of course, many bloggers would also use the term to describe the vicious cycle that is blogging itself. Not only do many people want to have their voice heard, but they also enjoy searching out and hearing the voices of others. I know I've spent many hours reading about some grandmother's cats(Newman was the mischievous one), or how some guy on the West coast wants to put a pencil in his boss's eye(don't let Wal-Mart get to ya, Sherman). Then, there's the folks who want to gloat when their teams when sporting events(I don't care, Pietro, I have to say it! THE EAGLES WILL RISE AGAIN!).



Afterward, I often ask myself,"Why, Norrin, why?". I guess it's all due to the Theory of Blogativity. Of course, everyone has their own opinion. My brother, Mike, would simply relate this to his Theory of Loser-ocity, of which I am the thesis. My wife would simply attribute it to mild retardation. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe I have a strong hunger for knowledge and interesting people. But, that could just be the retardation talking. Speaking of retardation, I like a man who's into wood paneling, Ogre(was that a compliment, or an insult?... Yes, it was).



So, really the Theory of Blogativity doesn't have one true meaning, but is a amalgam, and a malleable term for simply being a die-hard blogger. With that said, I want to do some waddling now. No one is home, and I want to express my inner spirit. I pray that someday I'll get the chance to live out my feathered dreams. Until that day comes, I'll just settle on my more realistic goals and wear one of my mother's dresses(it's for Halloween!).



Maybe Graham Chapman should come in, dressed as a policeman, and break this up for being "far too silly", Songstress. Nah, I just need to grow up and quit watching Cartoon Network all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment