Friday, February 4, 2005

Hero of the day

I want to become a hero. I want to be at the right place, at the right time. I don't want to have to do anything actually "heroic" though. Something simple with great accolades is all I ask. Is that so wrong?



I think my dream scenario would be: A baby trapped in a well. I would be walking by, eating my cheese sandwich, when out of nowhere I hear a cry in the distant. After running toward the sounds of desperation, I would discover an old mining well. I would then get my Pocket Fisherman, drop a line down into the dark shaft, using a pacifier as bait. After successfully hooking my toddler, I would gently reel it in.



By this time, the media will have arrived with cameras and flashbulbs will be going off everywhere.



"How did ya do it?!" asks one excited local news man.



"Well, it's all in the wrist," I'll reply nonchalantly.



As the cameras gather around, I'll hold my prize catch in the air like a trophy-winning swordfish.



"Fight of my life!" I'll boast, holding the young child by it's feet and posing like a victorious sea captain. God, it would be awesome!



That's all I want! Is that so wrong? It is? Ah, whatever. I still want it!




I'd like to thank the guys in the chat room for inspiring this piece. You know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment