Friday, May 5, 2006

Thunder Beach

Panama City Beach is having their annual Thunder Beach motorcycle rally this weekend. We were out on the beach for one hot minute today and I took a few pics. I'm starting to act like Kirk, carrying my camera with me at all times. I'm glad too because I've been getting some good stuff lately.
Thunder Beach kicking off......in Panama City Beach.

I'm gonna have to get some more pictures and some better ones this weekend. It should be easy to get some since there are literally lines hundreds of feet long of motorcycles parked outside every business on the beach right now.

Even some of the signage around town has been tweaked for Thunder Beach, from the obvious "Welcome Thunder Beach" signs, to the more daring "Biker Owned And Operated" sign at the BP gas station.

Should be cool.

***UPDATE***

Beer...Thunder BeachThese guys were alright...more bikes......someone's biker mama


I was out on the beach with Crystal this morning so she could look in the beach and surf shops for a Superman visor to wear on our trip to Orlando. We were honestly looking specifically for a sun visor with a Superman logo. Which made about as much sense as me jumping out of bed and running out the door this morning to find a George Formena grill signed by Muhammed Ali - a little ridiculous.

Well, needless to say our search was fruitless. Although while we were out there I got a few more shots of the riders. I notice a few things about the whole scene as well, that I'd like to share.

1) There are more black bikers than you would think, or at least than I had thought. And they usually had the best looking white biker mamas.

2) There was a nice mix of weekend bikers and the "I just got out of prison for selling meth" bikers, at Thunder Beach.

3) Biker mamas, 9 times out of 10, aren't that attractive. I saw a lot of banana breasts and "mom butt" out there. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I like a girl whose belly doesn't stick out farther than her boobs. It's just my preference.

All joking aside, most of the men and women at Thunder Beach are pretty cool people. I do wish that more of them were wearing helmets and not taking advantage of the "no helmet" law in Florida. On our way back from the beach we saw an accident in the opposite lane, looked like tow or three bikes and a pickup truck, one man was down holding his leg which seemed to be broken and he was bleeding from the head. A woman was lying about 30 feet away from him face down on the road, not moving. On our way across the bridge back into town we saw at least three seperate ambulances heading to the beach. It happens every year.

But besides a few accidents, Thunder Beach is usually just a good time with loud bikes and discount beer specials at the clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment