Thursday, May 4, 2006

And now back to the news...

Got in a bit later than usual tonight. Crystal, my wife, had her graduation and pinning ceremony tonight to mark her completion of the Physical Therapists Assistant program. Thank God it's actually the very last graduation and she's completely finished with college after four years. I know she's been waiting for this day for a long time now and so have I. With it all said and done, I can't tell you how nice it's gonna be to have the two of us both bringing in money again.

There wasn't that much hoopla for the graduation, just a pinning ceremony, two awards to hand out (Crystal got the Spirit Award), a slideshow (which I put together for them), and some platters of food for the friends and family. In all, I think the whole deal was about an hour long. I took tons of pictures and I'll have go through them and post a few. Oh, also the college told me that they liked the slideshow that I put together so much that they plan to use it for a promotional tool on the college website, so that's kind of cool.
CrystalThe Spirit AwardCrystal and friendsPeeps clearing out...

Other than that, I see there's been a bunch of different stories in the news today.

Let's see, uh...

Moussaoui was sentence to life in prison. I can see the message being sent by not executing Moussaoui and making a martyr out of the potato headed bastard. I can also see how some families could feel cheated.

Al Qaeda's No. 2 man, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi can't seem to work his weapon (that's what she said!). I think the footage the U.S. found came from Al Jazeera's Funniest Home Videos.

The Vatican excommunicated 4 Chinese Bishops. They were ordained without Vatican approval and now must go straight to Hell. At least that was the decision after the Pope got a call from God on his red emergency Pope-phone.

Bill Gates wishes he weren't so rich. You know, I'd like to have that complaint someday. Know what I'm saying?

According to Scott McClellan President Bush speaks el bad-o spanish-o. But reportedly this has not hampered his love of tacos. Also, apparently Stephen Colbert's (funny guy, by the way) routine at the White House press dinner didn't go over so well with W and the press in attendance, but I have to say I found it rather amusing. It was like Bush thought it was suppose to be a dinner and Colbert thought it was an episode of Yo Momma! I loved it, man.

And also, sadly Tiger Woods' father,Earl Woods, passed yesterday at the age of 74. He lived a very interesting life and wasn't a very demanding sports father, even though he helped his son become arguably the greatest to ever play the game. Probably one of the most fascinating obituaries that I've ever read.

And that's the news, folks! Lots of interesting things going on at once right now. I haven't really heard anything new in the Duke rape case since the New Black Panther party stepped onto the scene and made themselves look and sound fairly stupid on FOXnews (where else?), and on the Sean Hannity radio show (of course!). But I'm sure that will be a whole post unto itself in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment