Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mexico Beach

I finally went to the beach for the first time this summer. We decided to go to Mexico Beach about 45 minutes East of Panama City.

It would be nice to go to the beach here, but it's gotten overtaken with condos and people from out-of-town. Sorry, but I refuse to fight for a piece of the beach with a bunch of rednecks and snowbirds. I'd rather move on to another spot. Besides that, Mexico Beach has Panama City Beach beat by a mile. It's cleaner, quieter, and the people aren't as loud and obnoxious.

We took the radio, the sunblock, and some water and drinks. Crystal won't get in the water, she only wants to get a tan. I find that ridiculous, but I'm a Puerto Rican - I must swim! I got in the water and swam up and down the shore for a little while. The only irritating thing I can think of was an elderly couple fishing not too far from where I was swimming. I knew exactly what I was going to say if I got a fish hook in the hand, but luckily it never came to that.

After a couple hours of sunning and swimming, we went for a walk down the beach and looked for shells (nothing this time). We walked back, I swam one more time, and then we packed it up.

It was a good time. The water was perfect for a refreshing swim and the temperature was a breezy 80 degrees. While we were there I snapped a couple pictures.
Mexico Beach shorelinePalm treesWhat can I say, I like palm treesMexico BeachThe water was perfect
My favorite photo...
Isn't she cute with her Kool-Aid Jammer?

There's nothing cuter than a woman enjoying her juice pouch at the beach.

Tomorrow's Mother's Day and I have to get up in the morning to grill a bunch of chicken for a cook-out at my Mother-in-law's house. I'm sure I'll have something to say about it afterword.

No comments:

Post a Comment