Thursday, December 22, 2005

How sweet it is

I must say I had a stellar day at work, as I was not hassled by anyone or asked to do anything impossible by some impossible deadline. Plus, I recieved a gift card from the company to Wal-Mart. I think it's something like $20 to buy a turkey. A lot of survey companies do this, but it use to be different.

Originally they would give employees gift cards to the super market or grocery store that were ONLY good for a turkey, which didn't get recieved too well. Many of the guys would say they already had a turkey and that the card was useless. Honestly though, surveyors wanted a cash gift card so they could buy beer. Recently, I was watching one of my favorite shows, Stroker and Hoop, when one of the characters said,"Private Detective trumps Mall Cop," right before he got beat down by a Mall Cop. Well, I think Surveyor just barely trumps Construction Worker... just barely.

But, the turkey card, as so freaking amazing and life-affirming it is to get (that's sarcasm), that is not the highlight of my day. As I was leaving the office I was given an envelope. It was a bonus from my manager. Which was very surprising to me because we don't have bonuses. It came out of their pocket. I have to say Thank you, again. It's a miracle these days to actually work with/for decent people.


So, being in a stellar mood, I took a few bucks and celebrated with the purchase of the newest collection of soothing sounds by Michael Buble. I don't care what anyone says, I love that big band/swing style, and american standards. When I was paying at the check-out counter the girl at the register looked at the CD and asked,"Is it true he sounds like Frank Sinatra?"

Uh, his voice doesn't sound like Sinatra's, more like Harry Connick Jr, maybe. But, his song choices are along the lines of Sinatra or Bennett.

Plus, it's great bedroom music. You put this on and light some candles when you wanted to take your time and do things right.

Or I suppose you could play Laffy Taffy and break the bed frame, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment