Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas Loot

This is a complete rundown of my Holiday windfall. Yes, I made out like a bandit.

1. WWE Wrestlemania 1-21 Anthology DVD Box Set
This is one of those gifts that only hardcore fanboys can appreciate. Some guys would get excited for a first issue original print mint condition comic book. Others would salivate over a Star Trek box set. I spit on Star Trek! Pro Wrestling is MY nerd sustenance. I won't bore the uninitiated with details, just to say that every Wrestlemania since 1985 is in this one box.

2. WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 2006 for PS2
What fanboy doesn't also need the toys and accessories?! S vs R is to wrestling games, what Madden is to football games. Good stuff.

3. X-Men Legends for PS2
This game is cool, and it was marked down. Arcade style action mixed with puzzle-solving, and 15 playable X-Men characters. The sequel recently came out.

4. The Simpsons Complete Seventh Season on DVD
I love The Simpsons show and have been buying every season since they started putting them out on DVD. I don't watch the new episodes however, because I don't think the show has been that great the last couple years. My only complaint about the box set is a common one: Some geniuses have decided to start putting the DVDs in these cheap-ass goofy shaped character head boxes. They did it last time and I sent off for the other box which came in the mail. I got the alternative box again this time becuase it looks like the others I already have, and the new boxes suck. The alternative boxes are cheap too though, and also suck.

5. Dukes of Hazzard Season 5 DVD Set
Typical Dukes action. Positive side: this is the season that saw the return of Sonny Shroyer as Enos. Negative side: this is the season that Tom Wopat and John Schneider held out for more money and were replace for 2/3 of the season by look-a-likes Coy and Vance Duke. The stunts and storylines and still about the same if not a little better, but without the original cast, it's simply on my shelf to complete the set.

6. Ghostbusters 1 & 2 DVD Gift Set
Saw it in Best Buy for $10. Nuff said.

7. George Lopez: Why You Crying? - Showtime Stand-Up Special DVD
Funny as they get, man! They play it on Comedy Central occasionally, but cut out some of the best stuff. Right up there with Dave Chappelle's last two stand-up specials, and Chris Rock's.

8. Michael Buble - Michael Buble CD
I like this guys voice and the songs he sings. Harry Connick Jr, Tony Bennett type.

9. Disturbed - Ten Thousands Fists CD
My favorite heavy metal/hard rock act right now. Linkin Park is a close second.

10. Proctor Silex Family-size Belgium Waffle Maker
I've been complaining about the lack of waffles in our home for quite some time now, and finally my calls for grid-shaped pancakes have been answered! Thanks, mom-in-law.

11. Leather Wallet
I had a nice leather wallet, but I let it accidentally go through the washing machine too many times. My bad. I think this new one is better though.

12. Cell Phone Holder
You've probably seen these. There made out of metal wiring and when you sit your phone in it, it looks like your phone is standing there and has hands and feet. Like Mr. Potato Head, but it's Mr. Potato Phone, err... Mr. Phone Head or whatever.

A sweet bundle of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment