Saturday, December 17, 2005

Chappelle's Show Season 3 in '06


During Comedy Central's Last Laugh '05 they ran the trailer for Chappelle's Show Season 3. Sort of.

Before Chappelle flipped out and went to Africa he filmed almost half (I believe) of what was supposed to be Season 3. Unfortunately, Dave left and the entire season was scrapped. Well, I guess since it looks like the show is dead and Dave isn't coming back, and people still miss Chappelle's Show, Comedy Central is planning to air the unfinished season.

I personally can't wait to see them since I was such a huge fan of the show, but I'm a little hesitant to have high hopes.

Chappelle was alledgedly under network pressure to tone down his racial material, and get episodes done quickly, which caused him to get discouraged with the direction of the show. I find that extremely absurd since it was the racial material that made up the essence, and the funniest moments, of the show.

So what might be coming may be some substandard stuff. But, I'll wait to pass judgment. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they could just work out something and actually bring the show back.

Some favorites:
Clayton Bigsby
Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories: Rick James & Prince
Black Bush
Tyrone Biggums on Fear Factor

click here to watch the Season 3 trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment