Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yes, I like The Care Bears



I downloaded this off of Limewire the other day and I felt like sharing. I've always liked this song, and I hadn't heard it in years.

Click here to listen to 'Care Bears - Forever Young'

Actually, to be honest, when I was a kid I really liked The Care Bears, I think more than any of my brothers or sisters. I think it was during the period of time when we had the Disney Channel (remember back in the day when you had to pay for it?). I was into all kinds of Kiddie shows, Dumbo's Circus and the live-action Winnie The Pooh show.

I was totally into the two Care Bears movies at the time as well. In fact, I can remember during the ending of the first movie when one of the characters was injured, the Care Bears turned to the screen and said that if we all "cared" together we might be able to help. Then they asked the kids at home to say,"we care, we care," along with them to help. I was so into it I remember actually chanting along with The Care Bears. God, that's embarrassing just to recollect.

I forgot what a sucker I had been for those bears until I was watching my Simpsons DVDs and saw Lisa watching the Happiest Little Elves, and it brought the Care Bears and the Smurfs all back to me. Being into sappy baby junk is part of being a little kid, and I sometimes miss being able to feel that way, the way I felt about cartoon bears helping kids, when I was much younger. It kind of reminds you of innocence lost. It's sad.

(sighs) Well, I suppose on the bright side, now that this is out in the public finally, no one can black mail me with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment