Saturday, January 14, 2006

Dream analysis: t-shirts

I had a rather odd dream the other night and I felt that maybe I should share it with others and get their take on it.

I dreamt that I was in a place that looked kinda like a New York subway, and I was selling t-shirts like somekind of 1920s paperboy ("t-shirts, t-shirts, get ya t-shirts here!"). The shirts were yellow with red graphics and lettering on them, I can't recall what exactly they said, but I did know for some reason that they were for a mexican restaurant.

Now, I must also add that my sales associate with me in the subway was Collin Farrell. We were standing side by side doing our sales pitches to the folks as they passed us. I don't know why he would want to sell t-shirts to a mexican restaurant with me, but he was in this dream, selling mexican t-shirts with me. Not to blow my own dream horn or anything, but I think Collin and I were doing pretty brisk sales.

Then, someone walking by grabs my t-shirts and starts running. Collin goes after him in pursuit and I also go after the guy, but I use my hover board (it doesn't look like the one in Back To The Future II, more like a boogie board), anyway I hit the guy with my hover board and he goes tumbling down some subway steps and we get my shirts back. Only now all my shirts have some kind of red stain on them.

Me and Collin take the shirts back to the mexican restaurant and we have one of the shirts spread out on a table. All the waiters and the owners are there and we're all pacing around the table looking at the shirt. Then, it comes to me!

We need to shorten the name of the restaurant on the shirts, and we should also incorporate the red stain into the design, and we should mention the restaurant's "world famous salsa"! Everyone in the restaurant begins awing at this suggestion, and the mexicans are saying,"salsa, salsa, si", as they shake their heads agreeingly. Handshakes and backpats are handed out to everyone!

Honestly, I don't know what the hell this dream means. Maybe, I had too much mexican food last week. Or maybe I saw Collin Farrell on TV or something. T-shirts? I don't plan on selling any t-shirts, not by choice anyway. Any ideas? The next time I have a dream like this I'll have it to post it as well. Maybe this could uncover something interesting about my mind? Maybe I'm just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment