Thursday, January 5, 2006

In the Office: My PC has down syndrome

I've been hitting up my blog from work the last few days recently. At first, it was just for fun, but it's slowly become my only option at the moment. My Dell Dimension desktop has been so freakin' frustrating lately! It's only a year old, by the way.

Back in November the DVD drive decided to stop reading. Since then, it's been impossible to get someone at Dell to simply fix the thing since it's still under warranty. I've been on the phone with a few different people at Dell and each time they want me to do things like go into Safe Mode and Modem tests that I've done already.

So, finally we were told to re-install the Operating System. I don't mind doing that, I just knew it was gonna be pain to get all the junk off the PC I wanted to back-up before doing so (too many MP3s, my friends). Well, long story short, the drive still doesn't work and I'm ready to kill the next person I see with a waffle iron and a roll of duct tape (don't ask).

I almost forgot, whereever Dell's help center is, it is NOT the United States of America. If you ever have to call them you get someone speaking stilted english and you'll hear something in the background that sounds like Bangladesh fish market. I'm tempted to just call up Geek Squad or some other nerd-for-hire. Anyone ever use of those groups? I've never heard anything good or bad about them.

Other than that, life is peachy. Enjoyed a delicious stuffed chicken breast with wild rice, and corn and creamed spinach on the side for lunch in my office. mmm.

Got my MP3 player hooked-up to the work PC, and put it on shuffle. Enjoying the surprise of hearing Final Countdown by Europe.

Back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment