Monday, November 22, 2004

Thanksgiving or Christmas: The Prequel?

Well, folks... Thanksgiving is almost here. And I can't help but notice a disturbing trend. It's something that's crept up on all of us, and it's gotten worse over the past few years. It's the early full frontal assault of Christmas. We haven't even had "Turkey Day" yet, and it feels like Santa Claus has been here since the kids went back to school! I saw plastic reindeer and ugly baby jesus' at Wal-Mart before Halloween for God's sake!

Now, I have nothing against Christmas(It's actually my favorite time of year), but this is getting out of hand. I remember a time when people didn't even think about Thanksgiving until the day after Halloween. No one thought about all the crazy decorations and over-priced shopping that is Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Not anymore! I don't know what's stupider, stores selling this shit at this time of year, or the assholes who must be buying it?

Maybe I'm just too sentimental? Maybe I shouldn't complain so much? Whatever, man. It just shows how ridiculous we've gotten in this country. I love it, and I'm not gonna leave it, but I WILL NOT be putting up any stockings, or lights until I've had my turkey, and stuffing(Stove Top stuffing, mmm). I WILL NOT be getting an ugly-ass Santa Claus for the lawn before Halloween!






I don't care how hard Ol' Saint Nick tries to FUCK my jack o' lantern. Or how hard he tries to artifically inseminate my turkey. I won't bow down to this retarded shit. In fact, if I ever run into Santa on the street, I'll shove a candy cane up his ass sideways, and make him walk through my local mall so he can see what he's done to the world I live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment