Friday, June 9, 2006

An ever wandering mind

Sometimes you have nothing to say, and an overwhelming need to say something. I'm kind of in that place right now. It's like a lethargic anxiousness while in the midst of writer's block.

Today at work was completely boring to no end. It would have been more exciting to answer phone for a PBS telethon than to sit at my desk and watch the digital clock on my taskbar (it's five minutes slow, by the way). Sometime in the afternoon I got tired of waiting on one our clients to no-show once again, and I decided to leave. Also I had a migraine and an upset stomach. I knew the migraine was fueled by boredom and surfing the internet, but the stomach I can't figure out.

Anyway, after going to the bathroom and dropping a stone so green Superman would've mistaken it for kryptonite, I said adios and headed home. Since then, I've taken some aspirin and watch some news coverage.

Oh yeah, al-Zarqawi is dead, if you didn't know. How could you not know? His dead face is only splattered across the top of every internet news site and talked about on all the 24 hour news networks. It's news, yes, but it's a bit overboard. It's also not too often that the U.S. media uses photos of dead people in their stories. Half of the stories basically seem like,"Hey, look at this dead guy! Yep... it's a dead guy... look... his lips are purple... cool, huh?"

World Cup is kicking off and no one seems to care here because I'm in the United States and if it's not a sport that we started or dominate, we don't want anything to do with it. Oh well, I think I'll try to keep up with it, myself.

The Dallas Mavericks won the first game of the NBA finals against the Miami Heat in a game that could've been better but was very close all the way to the end and still quite entertaining. Hopefully in Game 2 on Sunday both teams won't be nervous and bring their A games.

In other unexciting news, I watched Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves this week for the first time in maybe 6 or 7 years. It was still very good, and it was like watching a new movie since I completely forgot about two thirds of it. I also forgot that it was damn near 2 and a half hours long. I should've known that since Kevin Costner hasn't been in a movie under 2 hours since who knows when.

Besides all that exciting news, I can't really think of anything else to say at the moment. So, I'll leave you this:

I am eyes in a sea of ears.


Think about that for a moment. I'm sure I'll have something more entertaining to talk about tomorrow.

Sidenote: Does anyone ever listen to the songs posted at the top of the sidebar? Not that it matters, I was just wondering.

Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment