Saturday, May 28, 2005

MIA Report

I've been Missing In Action lately, but I have been doing my thing, having fun.

I went to the movies and saw Kingdom of Heaven. I was a little hesitant when I first saw that Orlando Bloom was in the movie, but I think the ten minute preview on MTV is what changed my mind. It had some Gladiator-esque moments, but I kind of expected that since Ridley Scott made both films. This movie, however, feels much deeper and less romantic in it's approach. The battle violence is also more intense than Gladiator. It felt long, but then again it was about the Crusades and they last quite a long time. Overall, it was kick-ass. Also, Liam Neeson successfully goes for the three-peat as the dying father figure in this film, capping his earlier attempts in Star Wars: Episode I, and Gangs of New York. And Edward Norton is kind of like a hidden secret in the film.

I'm also planning to go to the movies again this weekend and finally watch Episode III. I would have gone last weekend, but my job fucked up my direct deposit and screwed my whole weekend. I ended up borrowing money from my father and working with him on Saturday putting together storm shutters and cutting corrugated roofing.

So far, I've been told that Episode III lives up to the hype, so I'm quite excited in a very healthy and non-costume wearing fanboy kind of way. I've watched the original trilogy, or I should say the version of the original trilogy, George Lucas put out on DVD. And I've kind of just skimmed through Episode II again.

Besides that, I also got the new Audioslave album, Out of Exile, and really haven't come up with a verdict on it yet. I instantly enjoyed the first album, but I think this one is taking a moment longer to grow on me. I don't know, I'll have to get back to everyone on that one.

Other than, not much is going on with me. I've got my little brother, Christopher, at my house for the weekend and we're gonna go over to the pool in the apartment complex. Then, on Sunday I'm dropping him off on my way to my sister-in-law's house in Fort Walton, where we're gonna spend the night, watch Star Wars at the Rave (the big theatre in Fort Walton), and then come home to chill before going back to work Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment