Friday, April 29, 2005

Does Welfare exist in Heaven?

I sometimes ponder unusual subjects. I come across odd little quandries when I let my mind wander with purpose. This time I was thinking about the iconography of the will of God, specifically the tools of God.

To be truly honest though, I was thinking more about my future in the afterlife. I mean, does Heaven have a class system? You wouldn't think so from reading the Bible. Which I would prefer to side with than to believe what is broadcast out of the glowing box in my living room.

Of course, there has to be some kind of dirty work to be done by someone, and what I'm saying is simply, I don't want that job. I want a "cake job", a desk job.


I would rather be Jonathan Smith from Highway to Heaven than Mr. Meiks from Frailty.

And I bet the pay is better, too.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific blog. I search the internet everytime I
    get a moment to find blogs. Its better than cold iced
    tea and I have to visit it one more time!
    Where you been? You have got to look at my Cars Insurance Quote blog!

    ReplyDelete