Monday, June 27, 2005

Over The Top

I was in Best Buy yesterday when I spotted something I had been waiting for forever: Over The Top on DVD. It's one of my all-time favorite guilty pleasure movies.


I know the story is quite ridiculous and far fetched, but the fun of it outweighs the film critic in me, and I enjoy the absurd characters in the last few minutes of the film.


Like Bull Hurley, and John Grizzly, and of course, Sylvester Stallone has a classic action hero name in the film as Lincoln Hawk.

The son in the film gets a little obnoxious with his constant crying, but I overlook that. I more enjoy the small cameo role of Texas pro wrestling legend Terry Funk as Robert Loggia's bodyguard, and the 80s pop song in the film Meet Me Half Way by Kenny Loggins.

They don't get much better/worse than Over The Top. And it was only $10.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment