Saturday, June 11, 2005

Batman Begins again

Well, there's a new Batman movie coming out soon and I've been watching the previews and reading the reviews. So far, they've all been very positive with the only constant complaint in the reviews being that the action scenes could have been fimed better, but that the story more than makes up for it. I hope so.


So, I was at Wal-Mart the other night and saw the Batman DVD box set was only $24.99 for all four films. I know that I don't like them all, and that I most likely won't watch the movies often, but.... I just got paid and I was in the mood to burn 25 clams.

I was surprised, after sitting down and watching them all again, how much the first two films still entertained me after all these years. I was also surprised at how much hate I could feel inside me after viewing the last two films. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think that Val Kilmer did a bad job in the third fim, but the storyline and the cartoonish, over-acting, 70s TV show camp, of the rest of the picture just pissed me off. The fourth film, however, didn't seem to get anything right in my eyes.

Hopefully the new Batman film will erase the memory of Joel Schumacher's work, and let things get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment