Saturday, April 22, 2006

Uncle Juni

I went to my dad's house last night and saw my Uncle Juni. He came up to Panama City Beach from Oralndo to see my dad and everyone while he's on vaction. He's really over here from Puerto Rico for a job interview for a draftsman position in Kissimee, but he's kind of making a vaction out of it while he's here, which is cool.

I haven't seen my Uncle Juni in a very very long time. I'm 24 now, I'm not sure I had even gone through puberty the last time I saw him! But he's was a cool uncle when I was a kid, I can remember. He use to buy me RC cars and trucks and then take me to get batteries. He'd open his sun roof and let me stand on the seat and stick my head out.

He's really easy going too. I think I can relate to that, I'm the same way. My dad - not so laid back, ha ha. He's definitely the more uptight one of the two, but still the greatest.

We talked about work since me and my uncle do the same thing professionally. We had a few beers and talked about the companies in the area, and our experiences doing what we do. It was really a good time.

Then we had dinner - Puerto Rican red beans and rice with grilled steak on the side. I'm telling you, man, you can;t beat that with anything. It was delicious, as usual, my stepmom Wanda is a great cook.

Afterward, I got to talk to my little brother and sister, Christopher and Isabel. He's still playing a nauseating amount of video games. He's also playing soccer as well. Isabel, I found out was on her school swim team and had some swim meets coming up soon. I plan to try and be there and check it out.

Once we left my dad's house, we headed on over to Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping and come home. I think it was about 1am when we finally got to sleep. Another a good trip to my dad's.


We call my uncle "Juni" because he was named after my grandfather, Jesus. Juni - short for Junior.

No comments:

Post a Comment