Saturday, April 22, 2006

Discount Megapixels

You know sometimes it pays to be a cheap skate. Like when it comes to technology.

I have a digital camera. Like just about everyone else I know. The only difference is I bought mine on sale about a year ago. Everyone seems to have 6, 7, or 8 megapixels at this point. Me... I'm running at a mere 3.2.

But, honestly... who cares?! Digital cameras are so sharp, even at 3.2, that I really could care less for more pixels. I don't need that. Plus, as I found out earlier today, it's quite easier to save money with an older camera.

As I've said, sometimes it pays off. I've had my camera for about a year, maybe a bit longer. But I've never bothered to get a larger memory card for the thing. I could only hold about 32 pictures. Well, we went to Target to finally buy one since we're going on vacation to Orlando soon and we wanted to finally use the camera to it's fullest. We looked around the electronics department and found the one we needed for our camera on a discount shelf. I'm guessing they don't sell alot of them. Well, for $25, we went from 32 pictures - to 553 pictures. Which is pretty hard to beat.

I've been going picture crazy all morning since. I'm gonna have to upload some of it. The video stuff, too. I'm having too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment