Saturday, October 15, 2005

Ashley Marie Merced


September 30, 1984 - October 14, 2005


I got a phone call at 4 a.m. this morning from Dad. He told me that there had been accident back home in Maryland, and that my oldest sister, Ashley had died. She was riding on the back of a motorcycle with a friend in the city, not doing anything reckless or crazy. They were at a complete stop a red light waiting for it to turn green, when they were rear-ended by a Chevy Tahoe and my sister was run over. She died instantly.

The driver fled the scene and so far his car has been found, but the Police are still searching for him.

So, you probably won't be hearing from me for a little while, since I need to be with my two brothers, my two other sisters, and my Mom in Maryland. Of all the tragedies in the world today is also my Mom's birthday.

Ashley left behind a beautiful little baby girl, and a lot of people who loved her. It's killing me so bad inside right now, I can't even speak, but I know she's in better place and I'll never forget my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment