Saturday, August 13, 2005

Netflix

I've recently joined Netflix, and so far I must say that I like it.


I'm not sure why it seems to feel so much better than the video store thing, but I think it has to do with knowing exactly what you're getting and that you can take all the time in the world. It doesn't hurt that Panama City, FL has a distribution center right here in town either, so I get my movie almost imediately. The first three movies we rented were American Wedding, which was very funny, Coach Carter with Samuel L. Jackson, which was better than expected, and In Good Company with Dennis Quaid and Topher Grace, which I really enjoyed and thought was a possible purchase.

I must note that the ad says $9.99 a month, but that's if you signe up to get just one movie at a time. If you do the full deal, which is what I'm in, you get three at a time, and no monthly limit.

The only downside to the whole Netflix thing seems to be that I've come to meet my mail man and he seems to be the most holier-than-thou person I've ever met.... and he is a mail man!

Other than that, I would have give it my seal of approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment