Sunday, September 18, 2005

No more Hollywood biopics for me...


I recently decided to watch The Aviator despite it's DiCaprio factor. I was genuinely enjoying the movie also, until after two and a half hours, it just ended without so much as a "That's All Folks!".

I should have expected something like that too, since the last few biopics I was stupid enough to watch did almost the exact same thing. Ali being the worst offender because it told nothing new about the man and then ends in the mid 70s!

I hate to break it to Scorcese but Howard Hughes lived just a few decades longer after he flew the Spruce Goose! I wanted to see the years of his life when he was walking around with tissue boxes on his feet, and buying up all of Las Vegas, living in a sealed tower. I don't care one bit about him dating Hollywood actresses and testing airplanes, sorry.

If you can't tell a complete story about a person of notoriety from birth to death, then maybe you should pick a more accessible subject and not tell HALF the story!

Sorry, but I just feel cheated... as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment